Zucchini is a healthy summer squash packed full of rich nutrients like vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and many other vital minerals and vitamins. Read on for a collection of delicious healthy zucchini recipes.
Are you growing zucchini in your garden? Or do the ripe stacks of green zucchini’s in the grocery store tempt you with promises of nutritious, healthy meals? Don’t waste your time making unhealthy dishes like zucchini bread – here are some fresh new healthy zucchini recipes that will complement your healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Zucchini Recipes
Roasted Zucchini with Green Onions, Feta Cheese, and Basil
(Recipe originates from Pumpkin Pie Bungalow).
Ingredients: (Makes 6 servings)
- 4 medium green zucchinis
- 2 medium yellow zucchinis (also known as yellow summer squash)
- 8-10 green onions
- 6 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chiffonade of fresh basil, oregano, or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the zucchini and trim off ends. Cut zucchini into half-moon pieces, approximately .5 inches thick.
- Clean the green onions and slice into 2 inch-long diagonal pieces.
- Mix the sliced zucchini and green onions in a large bowl with the olive oil and minced garlic.
- Add olive oil to a roasting pan and spread out the vegetables in a single layer. Crumble feta cheese over the veggies.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through to ensure the melted feta evenly coats the veggies.
- Serve hot with basil or other fresh herbs (optional).
- The original recipe included sea salt, and 1 cup of feta cheese, but the salt was omitted and the feta cheese reduced to create a healthier dish.
- The highest-calorie portion of the dish would still be the feta cheese.
- Take the fat content of the feta cheese into account when planning the rest of your day’s meals.
- You can further reduce the amount of feta cheese in the dish if you want a lower-calorie alternative.
Enjoy! More healthy roasted & grilled zucchini recipes will be coming in the near future so be sure to bookmark (Ctrl-D) and check back!
Other People Are Reading:
- About Us 28 views
- Contact Us 21 views
- The Beginner’s Guide To Dieting 82 views
- Buyer’s Guide: Best Rowing Machine for Home Use in 2014 43 views